Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thoughts on acting

"A great actor can do things ordinary mortals can’t.  They’re the most vulnerable.  My writing and directing are separate from who I am.  Acting?  Not so much.  They’re the only people on a film/television set who can’t see what they’re doing. When you’ve worked with a great actor, you know what I mean."

This is a quote from a blog I stumbled upon.
It's one thing I'm striving for... Acting is not easy. I just got blasted by a person who has never been too fond of me who told my in not so nice of words that I was a looser and that I would never make it at anything I am currently working on - including acting (and I thought he didn't even notice me - how sweet, he does...)

Acting is an odd mixture of self-loathing and narcissism - at least it is for me. You have to look in the mirror and not be shy about all of those things that the normal person would never be willing to put on camera - like the face. You read a script and you realize as much as this person is "like" you, you will never be as interesting as this person - and then you have to believe that you are so that you can accurately portray this person... You spend all of your time trying to "be something else" (something - anything - that you are not) only to find that the portrayal is meaningless until you start being you and only you! How I love and hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment