Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thoughts on Business

After pontificating on being an actor (which by the way, a film I was in - not a great film, but... a film was posted to IMDB and now I have to start seriously deciding to start a pro membership and build my presence there...) I decided that I would drop a quick line about a MAJOR part of acting.

Like it or not, acting is a business... well, it depends on how much you to do with it... small projects, community stuff, etc... that's a hobby. But if you want to make it - then it's a business. You have to network, work on your craft, promote yourself, make money (which means accounting and taxes!), and on and on...

With that in mind here's a fantastic resource I just landed on. I started a lecture series at BYU. I like it cause they maintain a blog with videos from the lecturers. Free resource. Plus the lecturers have the opportunity to apply businesses concepts with Faith in God and Christ... Since I strongly believe that success is based on stable principles (such as hard work) I believe one can be successful with or without giving credit to (or believing in) a supreme being - let alone Christ. However, I think its a shame to do so as they miss out on something that only Faith can provide. Anyway, here is the link: http://byuebusiness.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment